Kensington Track Update
Published: 05 Jan 2019
Next Meeting: Saturday 5th December
Conditions (Sat 6:25am): GOOD 4
Weather (forecast): Hot with a change. 38 degrees until 2pm to 3pm when 2mm to 5mm possible in afternoon and evening. Winds N to NW 15 - 20 km/h then S 25 - 40 km/h after change. (source: BOM). Special note: 4mm of irrigation is being applied to the track this morning.
Conditions (forecast): GOOD 3 to GOOD 4
Bias (forecast): FAIR
The track is rated a GOOD 4 and the rail is back into the true at Kensington. We are starting to get a run of FAIR tracks there now, which is the forecast again.
- 1st January (+5m rail, GOOD) when the track was FAIR
- 21st December (+3m rail, SOFT) when the track was FAIR
- 22nd November (True rail, GOOD) when the track was FAIR
- 31st October (+5m rail, GOOD) when a firmer track and the rail out produced some ON-PACE bias.
- 17th October (+3m rail, SOFT) when back to a FAIR track with the rail out 3 metres and some rain around, horses just edging off the rails, but not clear bias.
- 1st October (True rail, GOOD) when track played OK, but there was bias, horses on the rails in the straight weakening to the line and those 2W/3W+ performing better.
- 5th September (True rail, GOOD) when it was a FAIR track.
- 11th June (+3 rail, SOFT) when the day started and ended with a favourites leading all the way on the rails, while some others came wider on another FAIR track with no kick-back.
- 18th April (True rail, GOOD 4) when the track was FAIR, horses racing well near the rails and a few horses off.